Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'll Have a Rose and a Notebook

Now I've done it. I told myself I would never jump on the blogging bandwagon, and here I am. My main motivation, though, is not to keep the world abreast of my daily comings and goings. I am really just a serious know-it-all with opinions about everything. What better way to fill the world with my extensive insight than the good-ol' Internet?? Also, I have a funny story to start out with: it all started a couple weeks ago with a phone call. I'm a journalism student at the U, so many of my assignments center around reporting. I scheduled an interview with a super nice lady for a class assignment. I agreed to meet her over lunch at one of her favorite eateries: Gourmandise (The Bakery) downtown (which deserves an entire blog of its own, not just a post -- a blog). Upon arriving at the restaurant a few minutes early, I realized I had no idea what she looked like. The entire building was filled with people, and as I started looking around, there seemed to be about a dozen women sitting by themselves at different tables. I felt like I was on a blind date -- a lesbian blind date. I would look at each lone woman and think, "Does she match the voice I heard on the phone?" If they didn't seem to be looking for a mysterious college reporter, I moved on to the next. After waiting at a table with my notebook in my hand, she showed up. Our eyes met. We smiled. "Angie?" she asked. "You must be Roberta," I replied. To the horror of the table of men next to us, we hugged and sat down for lunch. I say horror because by the look on their faces, I am sure they thought they had just witnessed the first impression of a lesbian blind date. It probably didn't help that I said to her, "I should have told you that I would have a rose at the table or something." I tend to assume everyone has my same weird sense of humor, and more often, I am more long-winded than the situation calls for (as is evident in this first rambling post)...

4 comments:

Vyedka said...

I haven't heard this story before. I think it is hillarious. Next time you are on a lesbian blind date you will have to bring a rose.

Steve

Fashion According to Alicia ! said...

Angie I find your blog delicious and hard to resist, please do more! ( I just might tell a friend.)

The Dahls said...

You're so funny. I'm glad you caved like me and started up a blog. Please be aware that I will be stalking you and expect regular posts. I'll see ya Saturday, can't wait!

McCall said...

Hey, ya big jerk! You didn't even tell me you started a blog and we were even talking about blogs YESTERDAY!